by SlabPublished on 02-28-2012 11:40 AM
Greetings from Greers Ferry Lake!
This is a great beer batter recipe, and the secret ingredient is olive oil. While this is an expensive item, you can get it in bulk at places like Sam’s Wholesale. All you need is enough to submerge your fish on one side in the pan you are using.
- olive oil for frying
- 8 crappie fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper, and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients. Gradually mix in beer until a thin batter is formed. You should be able to see the fish through the batter after it has been dipped.
- Dip fish fillets into the batter, then place one at a time into hot oil. Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.
Greers Ferry Lake
Recipe Submitted by Ruth Mitchell
Have you visited our website yet? : http://www.buyoutsidethebox.com